Friends Membership Information
Give our library a helping hand. Your help turns the ordinary into the extraordinary!
The Friends of the Library is a group that gets things done. Since the founding of the organization in 1979, the Friends group has raised thousands of dollars to enhance the Dwight Foster Public Library. Young or old, native or newcomer, we make our library better for you.
The Friends have helped provide technology and equipment in our library: computers, Internet access, software, printers, scanners, computer furniture, microfilm/fiche reader/printer and a puppet stage…just to name a few.
The Friends have helped beautify our building: mural in the youth department, wingback chairs, couches, other furniture, fireplaces and a building sign.
The Friends have helped offer programs for all ages: summer reading programs, book discussion programs, poetry readings, plays, Junior Friends of the Library initiative for youth volunteers, Brown Bag lunches, and more.
Each and every Friend has strengthened our library. Please join us for the first time or renew now and make us stronger!
Your membership benefits YOU, too! When you become a Friend of the Dwight Foster Public Library, you’ll receive:
- an “Oops!” card to replace overdue fines,
- the opportunity to purchase a bag of books for $5.00 at every Friends book sale,
- a semi-annual newsletter so you’ll be the first to know all about what’s going on at the library,
- opportunities to volunteer,
And best of all…
- satisfaction that your tax deductible support enriches the library, one of the community’s most important assets.
One last word:
The Dwight Foster Public Library’s mission is to help people achieve their full potential by being a leading resource for information, education, culture, and recreation.
It is only with the support of people like you that the library is able to reach its full potential!
We have five different membership levels:
- $10 Loyal Friend
- $15 Devoted Friend
- $25 Ardent Friend
- $50 Exceptional Friend
- $100+ Best Friend
Contributions to the Friends of the Dwight Foster Public Library are tax deductible as allowed by law. Annual membership runs from January 1 through December 31 of each year.
All memberships are considered family memberships.
Friends who volunteer can:
- Delivering library materials
- Become a Friends board member
- Help with youth and/or teen activities
- Helping with book sales
- Donate baked goods for library events