2014 Summer Reading Program for Grownups
June 9 through July 26
It's time for the summer reading program for grownups and the program is simple:
- Read Books (or listen to them)
- Get Prizes
This year's theme is Literary Elements. We have a list of reading suggestions but there are no required books. You can read fiction or non-fiction. You can read the books or listen to them. Then bring your sheet each time you come to the Library. We will mark your progress and you will get prizes!
Each time you report the books you have read you can enter your name in our weekly drawing for one of many fun prizes donated by local businesses! We will be giving away 7 drawing prizes EACH WEEK!
Prizes will be awarded as follows:
- Read/listen 5 books: get a library pen.
- Read/listen 10 books: get a certificate for a FREE bag of books at the Friends of the library book sale July 25 & 26.
Our program is made possible by donations from the following businesses and organizations:
We appreciate the support of these local businesses!
- The Friends of the Library
- Beauty and the Bean
- Crimson Salon and Spa
- Fort Car Wash
- Humphrey's Floral
- Kwik Trip
- Papa Murphy's
- Pick & Save
Other Summer Programs at the Library:
- June 17 & 24, 7 pm - A Class For Writers (two sessions)
- June 18, 6:30 pm - Getting to Know Medicare
- June 19, 1 pm - Getting to Know Medicare
- June 19, 6:30 pm - Third Thursday: a poetry event with Geoff Collins
- June 20, Noon - Book Chat, librarian recommendations, talk about what you are reading
- June 25, 2 pm - Retirementology - What You Need to Know About Retirement
- July 4 - Library is CLOSED
- July 11, Noon - Book Chat, librarian recommendations, talk about what you are reading
- July 17, 6:30 pm - Third Thursday: a poetry event with Kimberly Blanchette
- July 25 and 26 - Friends of the Library book sale
- July 26, 10:30 to 11:30 am - Classical Guitar Concert
For more information stop by the library or call Amy at (920) 563-7790.